Java falls under the high-level programming language category and was initiated by Sun Microsystems. It was released in 1995. Java runs on many platforms, for example, Windows, Mac OS, and the different adaptations of UNIX.
Java is the most known programming language and is the common language for Android programming. This tutorial gives a total comprehension of Java.
A programming language is made for developers such that once compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java. Java applications are converted to byte code during compilation that enables them to run on any Java Virtual Machine.
Main Features of Java
- Simple: The complex features like pointers, operator overloading, multiple inheritances, and Explicit memory allocation are not supported by Java.
- Portable: Java code can be written on one machine can be run on another machine for execution makes java portable.
- Platform Independent: Compiler converts source code to byte code and then the JVM executes the byte code generated by the compiler. This byte code can run on any platform which means they are platform-independent
- Object-Oriented Programming Language: The collection of objects is a way of object-oriented programming, which represents an instance of the class.
The main concepts of Object-Oriented programming are:
- Robust: Garbage collection, Exception Handling, and memory allocation are reliable in Java.
- Secure: The several security flaws are impossible to exploit in Java.
- Distributed: Distributed applications are created using Remote Method Invocation and Enterprise Java Beans in java.
- Multithreading: Maximum Utilization can be achieved by concurrent execution of two or more parts of the program.