What are utilities ?
Utilities Provided by jQuery
- $.trim() : This is used to remove the whitespace from the head and trail of string.
- $.each() : It is used to iterate over arrays and objects.
- $.inArray() : inArray() is used to return an index in array and returns -1 if no element is present.
- $.extend() : It is used to extend properties of an object using the subsequent object.
- $.browser() : This returns the information of the browser.
- $.data() : This is used to take the information of data.
- $.fn.extend() : It is used to extend the jQuery prototype.
- $.isWindow() : It is used to recognise the window.
- $.now() : This shows the current time.
- $.isXMLDoc() : Checks whether the document is of XML type or not.
- $.dequeue() : This executes the next function in the queue.
- $.proxy() : It returns the function which always runs in scope. This sets the meaning of the inside passed function.
- $.container() : This returns true if the DOM element provided by the second argument is descendant to first whether it is direct child or nested.