Advantages and Disadvantages of Microservice
What is microservice ?
Microservice is an architecture where a single application is composed of many loosely coupled and independently working services that help build an excellent service. Microservice is a cloud-native architecture. This technology has its technology stack, which includes database and data management models, also they communicate using REST API.
Features of Microservices
- Easily deployable components: Microservice allows us to break a component into smaller things and smaller modules make it easy to make changes; also, it gets easy to deploy.
- Decentralized management: Microservice is based on a distributed system, so it works on decentralized mechanisms.
- Works like Devops: Microservice works like DevOps; if you build something, you have to maintain the code.
- Black Box features : Microservices is known as a black box because the complexity of services is hidden from the outer world, making them easy to use.
Advantages of Microservices
- Independant : Microservice runs independently and makes deployment easy. It uses a decentralized mechanism.
- Reduces downtime: If any specific microservice fails, we can isolate it, which will help prevent the whole app crash.
- Easy to understand: Microservices have small codes, so it gets easy to understand the service.
- Easily scalable: Microservices are easy to scalable, which means if we need any change, then we can easily modify the only needed service and no need to alter the whole app. It increases the speed of scalability.
Disadvantages of Microservices
- Complexity rate is high: A single application may contain hundreds of services, so it gets difficult to communicate. We need secure communication between each service.