Aws Storage Gateway
The AWS Storage Gateway connects an on-premises software appliance to cloud-based storage, allowing for smooth and secure storage integration between an organization's on-premises IT environment and AWS storage infrastructure. The service allows you to store data on the AWS Cloud in a safe, scalable, and cost-effective manner. AWS Storage Gateway works with your current applications and supports industry-standard storage protocols. It keeps frequently accessed data on-premises while encrypting all of your data in Amazon S3 or Amazon S3 Glacier, resulting in low latency performance. AWS Storage Gateway is useful in disaster recovery scenarios. may be used in conjunction with Amazon EC2 to provide a cloud-hosted solution that replicates your whole production environment.
- The solution provides hybrid storage across on-premises and AWS Cloud settings.
- It uses industry-standard storage protocols to connect on-premises corporate applications and workflows to Amazon's block and object cloud storage services.
- Virtual tapes are preserved in Amazon Glacier, while EBS Snapshots generated by the Volume Gateway are kept in Amazon EBS.
File Gateway combines a service and a virtual software appliance to enable a file interface into S3.
- The software appliance, also known as a gateway, is installed as a virtual machine on a VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor in your on-premises environment.
- S3 Standard - Infrequent Access is supported by the file gateway.
- IA - S3 One Zone
Volume Gateway — allows you to mount cloud-backed storage volumes as iSCSI devices from your on-premises application servers.
- Cached volumes - you keep a copy of frequently requested data subsets locally while storing your data on S3. The size of cached volumes might range from 1 gigabyte to 32 terabytes, and they must be rounded to the closest gigabyte. Up to 32 vo can be cached on each gateway set for cached volumes.
- Backup data may be archived in Amazon Glacier via the Tape Gateway.
- Has a virtual tape library (VTL) interface for storing data on custom-created virtual tape cartridges.
- To provision iSCSI storage volumes in AWS, deploy your gateway on an EC2 instance.